using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We're right on schedule

I had my first OB appointment today and came back with a swag bag full of vitamin samples and some "first trimester gift" that I haven't checked out yet. But, according to the sonogram (um, the "internal" sonogram), we're exactly where we thought: 7 weeks, four days. My expected due date: November 7-ish.

The OB is super nice and upbeat- a basset hound owner to boot. Unlike the clinic at the UI hospitals, this one's nice and quiet- I guess that's what happens at a private practice, though. Since I delivered by c-section with Katie, it'll be my choice more or less, although there are some risks trying to deliver vaginally this time. Truthfully, I'm leaning towards a c-section. My labor was long with Katie and I don't care to push for hours and then be in the worst pain of my life, only from pushing. We'll see, though. And apparently, I'll be delivering at a really good hospital, Presbyterian Plano, or Plano Presbyterian...one or the other.

About that sonogram: I'll get it scanned and posted. They were able to zoom in much closer than the Katie's first sonogram. We saw the heart beat, and Katie kept saying, "Heart? Heart?" She doesn't like the doctor's office too much, even if it's a visit for myself.

So, here's finger's crossed that things keep going smoothly. The nausea has definitely kicked it up a notch, the fatigue absolutely sucks, but that all points to a healthy pregnancy. I couldn't ask for more than that...okay, and a healthy baby end of October-ish, too.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Halloween baby! Congrats on the report. I, too, am a Plano baby! Born at Plano General.

MaryAnn said...

That would be a cool birthday- I hadn't thought about that. This kid would have a lifetime of fantastic birthday parties- I wouldn't have to plan too hard, the theme would be pre-determined. Sweet!

Vanessa said...

Funny how people are different. Brock's due date was 11/11 and was praying his birthday wouldn't be on halloween!

So glad everything looks good! I hope the first trimester flies by and you start feeling great soon!

MaryAnn said...

Eric didn't seem too enamored of the idea of a Halloween birthday, either. Then again, he's still in know-nothing mode- it'll be awhile (like September) before he starts exhibiting any signs of preparing for an impending baby.