using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Friday, April 18, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!

No kidding- About 4:30 this morning. Eric thought I was crazy. 

We had just gotten Katie back in her crib. Eric was sleeping on the couch because he was snoring so loudly. I thought the cat was scratching at the bedroom door, until the window started to rattle, and suddenly, it sounded like heavy trucks were driving past the house. When it stopped, I jumped out of bed and asked Eric if he had heard it. He thought I was crazy.

Then I got the email from Dad, saying the St. Louis had gotten an earthquake. Vindicated!

So Eric's watching Katie at home today, and I was here in my office talking to Mom when the ceiling panels started to rattle and the building shimmied. Everyone was out in the hall within seconds. Two in one day! Now if only they'd cancel school...

No comments: