using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The track list for Katie's lullabies

We've played this CD for her every night at least for the past year. I love it and burn it for my friends for their children. Here's the track list:
Lullaby- Sia
Lullaby (Goodnight, my angel)- Billy Joel
Lullaby for Wyatt- Sheryl Crow
Golden slumbers- the Beatles
Across the universe- the Beatles
Something in the way she moves- James Taylor
Sweet baby James- James Taylor
Sunrise- Norah Jones
La Cienega just smiled- Ryan Adams
Grace- U2
Gotta have you- the Weepies
World spins madly on- the Weepies

Also in her CD player (my former stereo) are a CD I got from a friend at my baby shower, John Mayer, one other I can't remember the name of, and probably the coolest gift a student has ever given a teacher: my former student made a mix CD for Katie the semester I was pregnant. I almost wanted to change Katie's middle name to Tupelo- the student included Van Morrison's Tupelo Honey on the CD and other wonderful songs. So good...

No comments: