using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bear with me here...

I just gotta write about this because my back and sides are aching so much right now.

I don't know if it's the nausea meds- although I didn't see this in the side effects- or I just haven't been drinking enough, or what, but I had the most horrendous pregnancy experience to date this afternoon. I'll take the ridiculous gas, the nausea, I'll take bleeding for six weeks postpartum, I'll take it all because constipation- at least of the magnitude this afternoon- is the worst thing EVER. I didn't have it with Katie, except for maybe a little at the end when I wasn't as hydrated. All I know is, Katie was as happy as can be and playing her little heart out around me in the bathroom for an hour (what? I couldn't let her play in the rest of the apartment unsupervised and out of my line of sight for that long).

So, what do I take from this? Benefiber will be my friend, I will drink plenty of fluids, and, because this pain is similar, though not the same, as the pain I felt the day after Katie was born and I pushed for three hours before the c-section, I don't think I'll attempt that VBAC. No, I think I'll just go under the knife...

No comments: