using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Relinquishing control of the wipies: Sunday morning art and a new word




We've danced all morning and now Katie is taking every wipy out of the box. I just gave in. She handed it to me to open and I just opened it. Otherwise, she'd be throwing a fit right now and really, who cares if she empties the thing. I don't.

She gets to color and make art all the time at school, so it occurred to me last week she needed crayons at home- and that I needed some sort of filing system to save every piece she brings home (yes, every single one). When she sits on my lap at my desk, she always grabs for the pens and markers. I got her some pens and crayons of her own and she's pretty good at understanding that she can only color on the paper. In fact, that's how I discovered her next new word, paper. Add that to a few others, like turtle, and I think she says "bye" for butterfly. Did I mention she dashes around the house?

I wish I could get a good shot of her hands, because they're covered in blue ink right now. Here's the best shot I could get.

2 comments:

Master Omotayo said...

hello what a nice blog you got on here ....great

www.oneloveguide.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Just so you know, Magic Erasers by Mr. Clean get crayon and ink off the wall. You need to know that because she will try to not write on the paper at some point. They all do.

She's a cutie. All I have around here is dirty boys.