using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Monday, August 4, 2008

Sounding the all clear

Ironically, there's a tornado warning in a county nearby- but I heard back from the doctor this afternoon. It never fails that I can't get to the phone when he calls. I even had the phone next to me on the bed while I tried to snooze. The phone rang, and it sounded far away. I realized I had grabbed Eric's by accident and mine was in the living room.

So, long story short, it looks like my node was just being a node and fighting some infection. I get the impression that if had been "bad," the radiologists would have picked up on it last Monday as they stuck that little needle in my neck something like five times. I could watch it on the ultrasound screen as they tried to pierce the node and it kept compressing. I said something about that to the staff physician, and he said, "That's what happens when you biopsy a benign node." The whole time, this doctor was wondering why we were doing the procedure and we were making cracks about the bad weather coming with me to Iowa from Oklahoma.

And so, a big Whew...I would celebrate, or crack open that bottle of sparkling wine we didn't get to on our anniversary, but I'm gone to the mattresses mentally as the final days slip away before my exams. When this is all over in five or six weeks, then I'll tie one on.

A sincere, deep, heartfelt "thank you" for everyone's concern and prayers. I don't forget those sorts of things.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yahoo! I'm so glad everything went well. We (Rex and I, my husband) were praying for you and your family.

Andrea