using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So it's not pinkeye after all

Turns out Katie has an infection in both ears, and all that goo welled over into her eyes. So, no conjunctivitis, but we still have to give her eye drops three times a day and an oral antibiotic. Based on our experience January 2008, I'm gearing up for lots of loose, dirty diapers from the antibiotic.

Seriously, you'd never know she had an ear infection. She's been sleeping perfectly through the night and her temperature went away Friday.

Her little eyes are puffy right now and getting all goopy again. I'll have to clean them off before nap time. Needless to say, I'm on nurse duty the next day or two, but I'm glad it's not bacterial conjunctivitis. That's some nasty stuff.

No comments: