using the world wide web to share news about my wonderful daughter, all the while brainstorming little acts of subversion

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The house is sold...

We no longer own property. This is good- we only had to pay to live in two places for one month. On the other hand, it means someone else gets to enjoy our great little house. That makes me a little sad.

I was in the shower this morning, with Katie cooped up in her pack'n'play in the other room, when our wonderful realtor called to tell me the closing went off smoothly and we no longer owned a home. He told me how happy and excited the new owners were about the house and I told him we should have said something in the disclosure form about the annoying neighbor (Jackie). Turns out, during our super-busy open house, Jackie came over (can I just say that I'm more than bitter about the fact that they saw us loading up the truck- her husband was clearing snow- and didn't even say goodbye, much less help out?) and made a point to say that she couldn't smell the pet smell in the basement. This, as our house was crawling with potential buyers. So I told Barry about the time she remarked about the pet smell in our house when we had been gone for three days in the hospital after Katie was born. That woman drove me up the wall...You know why we kept our dogs indoors? Because our stupid neighbors complained any timed they barked. Barry said he responded to her by saying he didn't know what she was talking about re: the pet smell. Yay, Barry!

But as our conversation moved to discussion of our proceeds check, sure enough, my phone just died. It definitely made the case for a landline. I eventually got to talk to Barry again- he really does amazing work- but, our house is sold. We definitely urge anyone to use him. We wish we could use him in Texas, and it turns out he can refer us to some of his contacts down here and get a referral fee. He deserves it, so we'll definitely be in touch.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Let me know if you need any help with a realtor also. We have a great one that works here in Dallas as well as someone who helped us finance our mortgage. They were both wonderful people!